This recipe came from the Vega Facebook page – I just had to share. Sorry post I was going to write for the day, this totally trumps that and it isn’t even mine!!
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk / or almond milk
2 Tbsp. cooked pumpkin or canned – not the pumpkin pie variety
2 scoops Vega One Vanilla Chai (or chia seeds and vanilla extract would be great too)
1/4 tsp. pumpkin spice, ground
1 tsp. organic cane sugar
5 ice cubes
2 tbsp. coconut cream
1 dash cinnamon, ground
Put all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into a glass and top with whipped coconut cream and sprinkle of cinnamon.
Seriously, get in my belly RIGHT now!! So yummy and perfect drink for fall mornings :)
Now you may be wondering, how do you make whipped coconut cream… here’s how:
Whipped Coconut Cream
- One 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator and leave it there until well-chilled.
- Open the can of coconut milk. There will be a firm, waxy layer on top.
- Scoop out this firm layer coconut cream that has solidified at the top of the can.
- Stop as soon as you reach the water at the bottom of the can; don’t include anything but the solid cream. (You can use the water in smoothies, or just drink it straight.)
- Place this cream in the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl.
- Turn your mixer or hand beaters to high-speed, and whip the coconut cream for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Whip until it becomes fluffy and light, with soft peaks. Mix in sugar or vanilla, if using.
Thanks theKitchn for this how to!